Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Welcome

Here is my cookbook - AT LAST!  

For those of you who know and love me - you know how much I love to cook.  It has been my goal and dream to create a legacy cookbook to pass along to my girls, my family and my friends.  THIS is not every recipe I know -- but these ARE the ones I make frequently and count on to "get me through."  However, more than the recipes there also is a reason this is named The Gospel According to Gingermom (thanks Christa for naming me that so many years ago!).  These are also the added thoughts and quips; Bible verses and inspirations; wisdom and not-so-wise comments -- these are also things that have gotten me through life - I hope they will help you as well.  When you're stuck - pray and then pray some more.  God will answer you - just remember though....sometimes the answer is "no" or "not yet" - just keep praying!  Love the Lord with all your heart and soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.  A good mantra for us all.  You'll find some other inspirations as you read through the recipes.  Enjoy the recipes, but don't consider them "the word of the Lord" - improvise and adapt when needed.  I guess if I had one drop of wisdom on cooking - it would be: USE THE SPICES - be generous (and also be cautious - you can always add more, but they are hard to take out) - most people are way too shy about spices - don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment